![]() |
| Color Theory: Transparency Cut Paper colors chosen to simulate transparency 14 x 11 inches 2014 |
![]() |
| Color Theory: Balance Cut Paper three colors used in balanced proportion 14 x 11 inches 2014 |
![]() |
| Color Theory: Gray Scale & Monochromatic Cut Paper same design in shades of gray and in monochromatic 11 x 14 inches 2014 |
These pieces are from my color class (ART114). I work with Color-aid paper - a box of 314 sheets of screen-printed colors: hues, shades, tints and pastels. After finalizing the design, I cut and glue the pieces of color onto my 'canvas.'



Wow, Jamie, all of these are great but since our assignment is balance, I am going to comment on your piece "Balance." It lives up to its namesake: The balance of shape and design along with the complement of colors is wonderful! I always think of balancing grays with greens but I have never tried yellow or orange; it is wonderful. Great job!
ReplyDeleteI like the "balance", cut paper because it flows so good and is balanced. You added interest by doing a reverse mirror image letting the viewer explore the pattern and figure out the puzzle. Love the colors sort of retro 70's wall paper.
ReplyDeleteJaime! Beautiful work as always. Love the balance of Transparency. It has such a cool feel between each vessel, they almost seem to be dancing. With the overlap and the placement of each vessel it is very balanced. I also love the texture in the last two as well, they both seem very tactile, like they would be wonderful rugs! The texture seems to be accentuated by the repeating patterns and intersecting lines. Love it!
ReplyDelete