Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Nirmanakaya


Title: Nirmanakaya (which means one who has wise and clear thought)
Media: Indesign & Photoshop
Size: 11 X 14
Date: Spring 2012

This was the first picture that I did after I learned layers in Photoshop back in 2012. The Buddha was a picture I took, while on a day trip to Sedona. I used the solar layer I had just learned about, and the hand was a picture of a small hand statue, which I have in my living room. I turned the opacity down to 30%. The leaves are from my honey locust tree outside, also turned down to 30%. The poem was written by a dear friend who passed away at the age of 84 – a true wise woman who believed in love and harmony. This was the first work I did that I really loved.

3 comments:

  1. Your images are all very peaceful and beautiful Lalani. Very nice work in Photoshop and your lighting on the statues is great. I really like when people do a series of images that tell a story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your compositions, colors and use of lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all very well done and professional looking. I like how they are all alike like they would be in a series. Great job on all of these!

    ReplyDelete